Friday, December 17, 2010

Ready, Go!

      Welcome to the start of something that I should have started a long time ago. This blog is intended to be an extension of what I think about before I go to sleep.  Things like funny nonfictional stories or why Justin Bieber ain't such a bad kid. Things like events or objects that I realize should not exist but only do because I'm the only one paying attention. I attempted something like  this a few years ago while I still didn't know how to engage Facebook and Twitter. My ego told me that whatever I wrote would be hailed as a success by friends and critics alike. I now know that I can't get famous and published through a social network site alone. I misunderstood and I'm sorry. I just wanted to let people into mi fiesta de la mente.  But what happened instead was that people just mistook my note postings as regular status updates. Ironically, there's a good chance you're reading this because of a social networking site. And to that I say thank you Mr. Zuckerberg. To my fans, I can only offer generic advice. Here it goes: 
      A stitch in time saves nine. 
I dunno. I heard it in a German bar. Everyone around me nodded their heads in agreement while I murmured "Ja" in to mein Bier. What?! I got enough culture to rival yogurt! Anyway, it has helped me age progressively well and I can only hope it serves you as well. Now go and read something.
And thanks for humbling my blog with your presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment