Saturday, August 6, 2016

Donnie and Kayla's Wedding

Who gives this beautiful lady to this handsome man?


ladies and gentlemen welcome to donnie and kaylas wedding. LOVE told in 3 parts…

Part 1
i have to tell you, when donnie came to me to ask me to officiate today, i didn’t exactly jump at the chance.
the first thing out of my mouth was “you’re not married”?

 two questions: anyone not know this besides me? does this make me a bad friend?
I mean, can you blame me? look at them! they work! i just kinda assumed, ya know, they were already married 

So, after shaking my head, i said yes
I then asked donnie how he would describe their relationship. he shrugged. but he shrugged with meaning. its as if the shrug said “i dunno man. i love her. what else do you want from me?”

so i asked kayla the same. her answer actually had sound. she said she would describe it as a love/hate relationship. i chuckled. 

 i chuckled because theres a lot to be said about these types of relationships. i didn’t push for an explanation. But i have a theory about what she means. 

theres a slight debate out there about the parallel of love and hate and using coins as a medium. about whether they are two sides of the same coin 

or two separate coins

we all know love. we love love. we crave the emotion and the reciprocation. its very welcome but its not exactly practical. but hate…now that can be useful. in the right scenario.

take your first date for example. the first hour of questioning and answering usually coincides with things that you love. ya know, to find some common ground. do you love thai food? uh yes! do you love stranger things? you bet your sweet um face i do!

And if it gets good, the line of query turns to something you both despise. ugh god i hate people. me too!!

hence the usefulness of hate. 

at least thats my interpretation of kaylas answer.

so are they apart of the same coin? are they two separate coins? I’m not sure. but i think we all know which side feels better. we all know which side leads to a wedding like this. hint: its not the hate side.

so it doesn’t matter about the coins. love is what matters here and now. its what brings you together and its what brings us here today. 

part 2

and now love leads us to the rings. rings please.

vows.

Donnie/Kayla I take you as you are, loving who you are now and who you are yet to become. I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and accept your support. I will celebrate your triumphs and mourn your losses as though they were my own. I will love you  and I will  have faith in your love for me, through all of our years and all that life may bring us. 


part 3

are you ready? 

by the power vested in me, the universal life church and the state of washington, i now pronounce you husband and wife. you may now kiss your spouse!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the wedding was a great one for both of you. Saw pictures of my senior's wedding at one of the social media sites. Liked the wonderful décor and matt finish of clicks taken by the photographer. Even the interior of event venues was complementing the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete